Due to COVID-19 the Safari Tour will be replaced during the 2020 season with a personal drive-thru experience. Beginning June 5th, visitors are invited to stay in their own cars as they drive through our safari fields and meet animals from all over the world. For the safety of visitors and the animals the following rules and precautions must be followed:
- Visitors will have to sign a waiver before entering safari fields
- Click here to download the waiver, bring it with to save time at admissions
- Strict 5 mph speed limit (USDA requirement for animal safety)
- You must remain in your vehicle during the entirety of the tour
- Pets are not permitted in vehicle
- Jeeps and convertibles MUST have tops and doors on and all vehicles must keep all doors and trunks closed
- No riding in the bed of pickup trucks
- No motorcycles, motor homes, buses, or trailers
- Touching animals is not encouraged
- Feeding animals is prohibited
- Loud noises are not permitted – including honking, music, and yelling
In addition, please note:
- The drive-thru trail is an unpaved, dirt trail with loose stones, possible animal dung, and occasional mud puddles
- Some animals may not be visible on every drive-thru
- No refunds for any reason after entering safari fields
- Price for the drive-thru will be $7/person ages 3 and up. You may do the drive-thru without purchasing admissions to the park.
About Our Safari Tour
If you’re looking for a fun and educational experience for the whole family, visit Lake Tobias Wildlife Park for our exciting Safari Tour. You will encounter exotic animals from all over the world while learning about their natural habitats. Our wildlife park has been bringing people face-to-face with animals from around the world since 1965.
Enjoy a ride in an open-air cruiser across 150 beautiful acres of rolling hills, pasture, and woodlands, where you’ll see rare and exotic animals from around the world. Our experienced tour guides will share their knowledge about the various species you encounter, as well as their habitats.
What You’ll See
When you and your family board our safari tour, you’ll be transported into another world. You’ll see herds of mammals and flightless birds of all shapes and sizes. With approximately 500 animals roaming freely, you’ll see something different every time you take the tour. Your family will be thrilled by how close the animals come to the tour bus—some will even allow you to touch them!
North America & Asia
“Scarlet & Baby”
Bos taurus africanus
In 2015 we opened a new Safari Station to improve our guests’ safari experience. The new station features a larger loading area to accommodate more guests, as well as a snack shop and restrooms.
On our busiest days, we run ten tour buses on a continuous basis, allowing us to send out a new tour every 10-15 minutes.