Due to COVID-19 the Safari Tour will be replaced during the 2020 season with a personal drive-thru experience. Beginning June 5th, visitors are invited to stay in their own cars as they drive through our safari fields and meet animals from all over the world. For the safety of visitors and the animals the following rules and precautions must be followed:
- Visitors will have to sign a waiver before entering safari fields
- Click here to download the waiver, bring it with to save time at admissions
- Strict 5 mph speed limit (USDA requirement for animal safety)
- You must remain in your vehicle during the entirety of the tour
- Pets are not permitted in vehicle
- Jeeps and convertibles MUST have tops and doors on and all vehicles must keep all doors and trunks closed
- No riding in the bed of pickup trucks
- No motorcycles, motor homes, buses, or trailers
- Touching animals is not encouraged
- Feeding animals is prohibited
- Loud noises are not permitted – including honking, music, and yelling
In addition, please note:
- The drive-thru trail is an unpaved, dirt trail with loose stones, possible animal dung, and occasional mud puddles
- Some animals may not be visible on every drive-thru
- No refunds for any reason after entering safari fields
- Price for the drive-thru will be $7/person ages 3 and up. You may do the drive-thru without purchasing admissions to the park.
Safari Drive-Thru Extended To Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) in November
Walkabout Zoo Exhibits closed. ONLY Drive-Thru open
It’s a long way from Central Pennsylvania to the dry plains of Africa or the woodlands and forests of Australia, but the incredible safari tour at Lake Tobias Wildlife Park makes those exotic locales feel a lot closer. Now you can introduce your whole family to all kinds of feathered, furry, and funny friends at our wildlife safari zoo. Enjoy up-close-and-personal encounters, learn about the animals’ natural habitats, and soak up fresh air galore.
Touring Our Wildlife Safari Zoo
Since 1965, Lake Tobias Wildlife Park has brought people and animals closer together while offering educational experiences that foster a wider understanding of the world around us. It all starts when guests climb in our open-air cruisers. What follows is a leisurely jaunt across some 150 acres of gorgeous land. As you traverse hills, pastures, and woodlands, be on the lookout for our local residents — you may be surprised where they like to hide! Along the way, our friendly and knowledgeable tour guides will share tidbits about the species that call Lake Tobias home.
Tours depart frequently. To help keep things moving, we’re able to run up to 10 tour buses on a continuous basis. That means that even our busiest days see a new tour heading out every 10 or 15 minutes, keeping your wait time short and getting you to the fun as quickly as possible.
Meet Our Animals
There are more than 400 animals in the safari fields here at Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, all roaming freely. This changing landscape makes each visit unique. You may find yourself driving by a herd of elk or encountering graceful eland, the largest type of antelope in the world. From flightless birds to the gravity-defying giraffes, our residents are an absolute joy to watch.
North America & Asia
“Scarlet & Baby”
Bos taurus africanus
Even better, some curious critters will come up for a closer look. Don’t be surprised if an animal approaches the tour bus — if you’re lucky, you might even get to touch one! It’s a phenomenal opportunity for animal lovers of all ages to see animals thriving out in nature, and you’re sure to make memories that will last a lifetime.
The New Safari Station
To upgrade our guests’ experience during their tour, we built our very own Safari Station. This spot, launched in 2015, includes:
- A large loading area to comfortably accommodate more guests as they wait for their turn to hop aboard the cruiser
- A snack shop that’s perfect for grabbing a drink or food to feed the animals on your tour
- Well-maintained restrooms for your convenience
Plan Your Visit
As you plan your visit to Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Safari tours begin right when the park opens, so don’t be afraid to come early if you want to avoid the crowds or you just can’t wait to get your adventure started
- Tours last around 45 minutes — long enough to see lots of animals, but not too long for the littlest members of your entourage
- The last tour departs Safari Station one hour before closing
- There are no reservations for tours, and they’re offered on a first-come, first-serve basis, but even if you miss your preferred time, there should be one coming along shortly!
Other than that, the best advice we have is to come with an open mind and an open heart. Be prepared to learn a lot and see even more! We’re proud to offer guests an opportunity to witness firsthand the natural majesty of animals from six continents. For more information on our park, the safari tour, or other interactive experiences at Lake Tobias Wildlife Park, contact us online or call our office at 717-362-9126.